Receive the care and attention you and your dentures deserve
It is critical to maintain your dentures to ensure maximum comfort, chewing efficiency and appearance. An annual checkup is an opportunity to identify problems and possibly save you money and trouble in the future.
Culp Denture Clinic is here for you
An annual recare/recall appointment is important to ensure the following possible concerns are examined by your Denturist:
Oral Tissue and Jaw Bone
Over time, your mouth undergoes inevitable changes. Shrinkage (atrophy) of the underlying jaw bone on which your dentures rest is inevitable. The soft gum tissue that covers the jaw bone will also change over time. Your denture’s fitting surfaces do not change over time and your dentures may not fit as they once did.
Having an annual oral exam may help prevent or detect the existence of oral cancer or other abnormal conditions.
Medical and Dental History
Updating both your medical and dental history is an important step towards quality overall treatment, as changes may directly affect the fit of your dentures.
What to expect during your annual visit
- Updating of your dental and medical history
- Intra-oral examination to check for any abnormalities or changes in your oral tissues
- Checking the integrity of your dentures for chips, cracks, and worn, loose or missing teeth
- Checking the esthetics, stability, and bite
- Discussing options available to you based on your needs
- Reviewing of oral hygiene procedures and denture care
- Cleaning and polishing of your dentures, if required
Culp Denture Clinic can help you achieve and maintain optimum oral health.